9.16.2006

A Friend Of Timmy's


In the summer of 2000, I became an employee of Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in the Activities Department. This is where I became friends with Timmy. From the very first moment I met Tim he was an automatic friend of mine. He was always smiling and was always ready to inform me of something funny that had happened at work before I got there. I always wanted to be put on the schedule to work with Tim.


Three of my friends and I resided on property that summer and had the opportunity to host a lot of our friends that we worked with when we weren't on the clock. We always knew when Timmy was coming because of the bass bumping in his car! I'm pretty sure he scared away all of the wildlife when he approached! But nevertheless, Timmy was always a ray of sunshine on any cloudy day.


After returning back to school for the fall, I always re-visited Nemacolin and all of the friends that I had made that summer. I returned to work at Nemacolin during my Christmas break from college and Timmy was always live and in person at the ski ticket office! He would always be on the lookout for managers coming because he wanted to watch Sports Center while he worked. And still....... always smiling.


In order for me to get my ski pass that year he made me squeeze my head into a small children's ski helmet and goggles for my ID photo. We laughed so hard. I am still searching for the original photo and I know it's around here somewhere! I will be sure to post it to the website as soon as I find it!

I am so thankful to celebrate Timmy's life with all of you. The Umbel family has welcomed me and made me feel like a relative and I cannot thank you all enough. There will never be enough things that I can do to express to all of you how much I cared about Timmy. Just having the opportunity to be a true person to you, like Timmy was to me, will always be the greatest gift that I can return.

I will never forget how important Timmy was to all of us. He is in my memory always and I cannot wait to post stories and picture memories from all of you. We shall never forget.........

No comments: